New York Life Investments has partnered with Wilshire to offer Pathway Portfolios, a suite of multi-asset income portfolios which offer targeted fixed income and equity exposure tailored to various investor risk-return profiles.
Pathway Multi-Asset Income Portfolio is a risk-based, multi-manager and multi-asset class portfolio that seeks to provide an attractive level of income.
Target Allocation: 65% Fixed Income / 35% Equity
Why Multi-Asset Income? Wilshire believes:
Demographic Need + Traditional Sources of Income = Growth in Demand
- As the Baby Boomer generation approaches retirement, the market demand for income/yield will be large and growing
- Traditional income-producing assets no longer provide sufficient yields
- As a result, demand for non-traditional income solutions should continue to accelerate
Wilshire maintains full discretion over the Pathway Portfolios’ asset allocation and fund selection decisions. The portfolios’ underlying investments include mutual funds and ETFs managed by both affiliated and unaffiliated asset managers – this boutique model allows Wilshire to strategically select each fund for its manager’s specialized asset class expertise, to build a holistic, diversified portfolio.
Wilshire's multi-step approach to multi-asset income
Wilshire: A diversified global financial services firm serving 500+ clients across 20 countries
Wilshire provides financial advisors and their clients with sophisticated, institutional-like solutions by adhering to a disciplined and rigorous approach following three key principles:
- Measuring: Identify the target investment return of a risk profile and seek to achieve it with the least amount of risk.
- Managing: Build portfolios that utilize multiple asset classes and combine investment managers whose investment styles complement each other.
- Monitoring: Rebalance portfolios regularly and make adjustments to allocations if market conditions change.
Investors in Wilshire’s asset allocation portfolios can be confident that their portfolios are being managed using the same principles, analytical tools and investment processes as institutional clients worldwide.