Epoch Investment Partners, Inc. (“Epoch”) pursues long-term capital appreciation by investing in a concentrated portfolio of global businesses they believe have superior risk-reward profiles.
Epoch believes that the best predictors of long-term shareholder return are growth in free cash flow and management’s skill in allocating that cash. Epoch’s approach centers around analysis driven by financial metrics, primarily free cash flow, believing:
- Free cash flow generation creates value
- Sound capital allocation drives growth in value
- Incorporates the time value of money
The portfolio is a concentrated global portfolio of 25 to 35 companies selected based on their ability to generate free cash flow and allocate it intelligently to create shareholder value:
- High-conviction holdings, selected primarily from other Epoch portfolios
- Flexibility to invest across geographies and the market capitalization spectrum
- Blend of individual bottom-up opportunities with top-down macroeconomic insights
- Portfolio construction framework designed to minimize unintended risks and reduce volatility: the strategy has below-market volatility in U.S. dollars despite being concentrated
Portfolio construction and risk management
Epoch Investment Partners
Global equity manager with a distinct perspective on the long-term drivers of shareholder return.
Global asset management firm that manages U.S., non-U.S. and global equity strategies for institutional and intermediary clients; their investment strategy is based on fundamental research and seeks to invest in companies that can grow free cash flow and allocate it effectively for the benefit of shareholders.
William W. Priest
Executive Chairman, Co-CIO
Executive Vice President